As reclamation chairman for the Arlington-Grand Prairie Alumni chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated, I bring greetings.
The Grand Polemarch has made it his priority to have brothers reclaimed to our Noble Bond. Many of you have been out of touch and have expressed a genuine interest in becoming active again. My job is to reach out to as many brothers as possible to help you obtain that goal. The Brothers of Arlington-Grand Prairie Alumni Chapter offer a rich infusion of youth, energy and desire for achievement not seen in many alumni chapters across the country. Being in operation for over 25 years, we have achieved in many areas. Some of them are:
• Paul Waymond Caine Southwestern Province Chapter of the Year 2011 & 2012.
• For over 20 years, we have held a Beautillion Program in which we have given over $100,000.00 in scholarships.
• Our chapter members serve as committee chairmen and members in the Southwestern Province and on the national level.
• Our Guide Right Program continues to serve the community with our Adopt-A-School program and Kappa League. We send several young men to Kappa Kamp each year.
• We raise over $10,000.00 each year with the Dallas Cowboys Games.
To further our goals and the goals outlined by our Grand Polemarch, Thomas L. Battles, Jr., we need your help. Brothers who are seeking a chapter home our doors are open for you to fellowship with us. Please see our calendar of events that will outline our chapter meetings and socials. Brothers, we at Arlington-Grand Prairie are excited about what our future holds. Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. needs you all. As we embark on this new and innovative movement, it is only through the support and strength of many that we can move forth in our mission to uplift and empower our communities.
2011 marked the Centennial for Kappa and the year of our 80th Grand Chapter meeting at the birth place of Kappa, Bloomington, Indiana. We are in our 105th year of existence and in 2017 all roads lead to Orlando, FL for our 83rd Grand Chapter Meeting. We hope to see you there.
Yours truly in the Bond,
AGP Reclamation Chair